To our valued attendees and sponsors;
After feedback following the 2018 event in which attendees and sponsors expressed a desire for a new venue, the NamesCon team immediately began looking into the viability of an alternate property to host our group. Several things were top of mind as we embarked on this search:
- Maintaining affordability for both attendees and sponsors
- Improving the quality of our host hotel on every level including food options, guest room appointments, and other amenities
- Keeping our show dates of January 27-30, 2019 as scheduled
- Finding a property with ample conference space, but not so large that our group would become lost and disengaged
We did find a wonderful option that fit many of our needs for 2019, but this venue was 12 miles off the strip. After polling several sponsors and attendees, we learned that the sentiments around such a location change were incredibly mixed and most wanted to stay on or very near to the Las Vegas strip. As a result of this feedback, we made the decision to fulfill our contract obligations with the Tropicana and remain there for 2019.
The upcoming NamesCon Global flagship event will mark 6 years at the Tropicana, and we understand it is time for a change. We hear you and we are now on the search for a new home for 2020 and beyond! Knowing this is our final year at the Trop means we can send ourselves off in style: one last party at the Havana Club with that stunning chandelier; one (or several) last late-night drinks in the lobby bar, where you never know who you'll run into; one short cab ride to everything the bustling Las Vegas strip has to offer.
Aside from the venue change, we are able to address several other points of feedback we received this year. We will be making more detailed announcements in the coming weeks and months, but for now here's a few teasers of what you can look forward to for our last year at the Tropicana:
- Separate Expert and Newcomer session tracks running all day Sunday
- Opening Reception and WaterNight will join forces and take place as a single event at the Havana Club on Sunday evening: expect open bar, food service, live entertainment, and free entry for all attendees
- Monday night will be a "free night" for private company events or group activities - Las Vegas is your oyster, go enjoy it!
- Tuesday early evening we'll be putting a new "spin" on the much-loved Topic Tables
- And later on Tuesday night, we'll be taking our closing party to a brand new venue, something we think will be right up your alley...
- Wednesday will close out with the keynote brunch (and Bloody Mary bar!), which all attendees can enjoy as the exhibit hall will be open just Monday and Tuesday
We are also considering options for scheduling group activities on Saturday January 26 and/or Wednesday January 30 in the afternoon: think golfing, Hoover Dam tour, hiking, speedway racing. If this would be of interest for you, please get back to us with your activity suggestions and we will investigate group bookings.
As always, we welcome your feedback, and if you have any city/venue suggestions you'd like to throw in the hat for NamesCon Global 2020, send them our way! Here's a hint to steer you in the right direction: we're looking to be leaving Las Vegas, and we'd love to sink our feet into a sandy beach somewhere...
Finally, the NamesCon team would like to thank all of you who have been so honest in sharing your opinions with us over the years. Your feedback continually motivates us to do better, think outside the box, reconsider our strategies, and above all else, work to provide the best experience possible for NamesCon attendees. We couldn't do this without you.