Presented by Verisign
Unlike the new gTLD domain names we’ve been featuring this week, all of the .COM and .NET domains in Sedo’s GreatDomains Auction + The Future Edition were submitted by the domain community at large.
Whether you’re selling, bidding or just watching the action unfold, we’ve got the inside scoop on the original TLDs, still constantly at the top of the playing field.
Fast Facts: .NET
- global recognition, with a recorded $64M in aftermarket sales.
- 2nd highest awareness amongst all global TLDs as per a @Nielsen study commissioned by @ICANN in 2016 #WHDIndia #NamesCon #NCIndia @Verisign
- 2nd most visited global TLD by internet users, basis @Nielsen study commissioned by @ICANN in 2016 #WHDIndia #NamesCon #NCIndia @ Verisign
- 2nd largest generic TLD in total registrations
#DidYouKnow the 1st domain name to exist was a .net @nordunet, registered 31 years ago and still operating!
Fast Facts: .COM
- a total of 126.9 domain registrations at the end of Q4-2016
- Used by every single Fortune 500 company and a vast majority of the top startups across the globe and in India like Uber, Airbnb and Flipkart
- Preferred over other TLDs by 79% of SMBs in India
#DidYouKnow Facebook paid $8.5 million to the American Farm Bureau Federation for the domain name FB.com in 2011?
Bidding for the following names ends today! The Grand Finale at NamesCon India will close out a great day of informative sessions.
DON'T MISS THE GRAND FINALE AT NAMESCON INDIA, TAKING PLACE IN MUMBAI TODAY AT 4PM!
WE WILL REVIEW THE TOP PERFORMING NAMES IN AUCTION AND GIVE AWAY SOME FANTASTIC PRIZES TO AUDIENCE MEMBERS. SEE YOU THERE!