Women in Domaining is an amazing group of women connected to the world of domains in one way or another, and our goal is to facilitate connections between women in the community. One of our biggest networking events each year is the Women in Domaining dinner at NamesCon, and leading up to that event we would like to publish profiles of women to share with our entire NamesCon community! Make sure you're following WID on Facebook and online.
We’re expecting more than 1,400 attendees at NamesCon 2017, so this is a great opportunity to invite your conference colleagues to learn a bit more about you! Whether you’re the head of a large company or a one-woman operation, an industry veteran or a first-timer who’s curious to learn more about the domain industry, we want to hear and share your story!
- Please answer the minimum number of questions as indicated below.
- Ensure that your name, web url, company and title appear on the form exactly as you’d like them to be published.
- Include a high-resolution image of yourself. Head shots against a neutral background are preferred.
- E-mail your submission to shallom [at] namescon [dot] com
(any other social channels you’d like us to share?)
Fast Facts (answer 3 or more)
- How long have you been in the domain industry?
- Favourite extension
- Domain name you wished you owned
- Now reading
- Now watching
- Best city for conferences
- Your mentor
Q&A (answer 10 or more)
- Describe your company, business, or vocation.
- How did you become involved with Women in Domaining?
- Can you tell us about a memorable experience you had at a previous WID event, and what you got out of it?
- The Women in Domaining dinner at NamesCon is all about fun and networking over food and drinks. Can you tell us a story about a connection you made at a WID event that was the start of something great?
- How does your service or product helps deliver value to your customers? What makes your brand stand out?
- What are your thoughts on the new TLDs?
- What can companies do to increase diversity within the domain industry?
- What are you most looking forward to at the upcoming NamesCon?
- What industry trends or topics do you think will be at the forefront of panel and keynote discussions this year?
- Who would you like to hear speak at NamesCon? Why?
- What fact about you would surprise people?
- Do you prefer to be right, or be liked? Why?
- How does your career compare to what you envisioned in your youth?
- Tell us about a time you set difficult goals. What did you do to achieve them?
- What is something you have tried, but will never do again?
- Describe a time you failed, and how that experience changed your outlook or perspective.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
- What's your most vivid childhood memory?
- Latest and greatest accomplishment in your career?
- What would you do if you just inherited a pizzeria from your uncle?
- What are three albums that have shaped you as a person?
- Tell me about the worst boss you've ever had.
- Where is your favourite place to escape?
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
- What object would you put in a time capsule that best represents who you are today?
- What is the one question we haven’t asked that you want to answer?
*By participating in our featured attendee profile, you agree that NamesCon has the right to reproduce your photo and interview, in part or in full, for marketing purposes. Your credited quotes may appear on our website, within the NamesCon Conference Guide, and other promotional items at the discretion of NamesCon producers.